Key Employment Law Changes In April 2015
From 5th April 2015, the following key increases will be implemented;
• Limit on basic award’s week pay (redundancy and unfair dismissal) £475
• Maximum basic award £14,250
• Maximum compensation award for unfair dismissal £78, 355
• Statutory maternity/paternity/adoption pay £139.58/week
• Statutory sick pay £88.45/week
In respect to parental rights, the right to unpaid parental leave will be extended to parents of any child under the age of 18 years. Surrogate parents will also be eligible for adoption leave.